Thursday 20 March 2014

Husband Seeks Divorce Over Battery Of Mother By His Wife


Husband and father  of  two, has pleaded with the Igando Customary Court in Lagos  to dissolve his 10-year marriage to his wife due to alleged battery of his mother by the wife.

Ayuda Abila forty-two -year old,said that his wife Tina always  was fond of beating up his mother for no reason.

"My wife has turned my mother into a punching bag,alleging that she is a witch ",he said.

He also claimed ,that Tina once had his mother arrested claiming that she intended to poison her food.He further stated , that any time a member of his family comes around to the house it was war.

 He told the court that he was fed up with the union.

"I can not cope with her constant beating and harassment of my mother and her hostility to my siblings".

Responding Tina told the court that she had never beaten up her mother -in-law that it was her mother-in-law that beats her up,and urged the court not to dissolve the marriage.

The Court President ,Mr R.I Adeyeri,adjourned the case till March 26 for further hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment