Monday 10 March 2014

Sights & Sounds: Police Accompanied Me To Pay My Son's Ransom Into The Bank Account Of His Kidnappers

Saw this story and I just had to share it . The incident happened in Kano State,the story was culled from Sunday Trust newspaper.Find the story below.


The father of a 5-year old school boy that was killed by kidnappers after collecting ransom in Kano state,Alhaji Aminu Ahmed has opened up on how he paid the kidnappers N2 million out of the 5 million they demanded in the presence of policemen. 
It was reported to Sunday Trust Correspondent that Aminu's son Aliyu,was kidnapped on Tuesday while returning from anIslamic school located a stone throw from his father's residence in Naibawa quarters in Kumbotso Local Government Area of the state as student of the school had deceived the boy. 
After taking him away,the kidnappers established contact with the boy's father around 7 pm on same day. 
Alhaji Aminu said about two hours after his son was declared missing,an almajiri brought a letter from the kidnappers which read" If really your son is missing contact us on this number" 
He said ,"Without delay I called the number but it was not going.Then I sent a text message to them and after two minutes they called me.He told me that he knows me very well,that he is working with somebody who has sold my son for N30m,but that he would assist me .He said that for him to assist me,I will give him something. 
I asked him what does he want and he said ,no I should tell him what I will give him.
I said N1m but he said, "No that it was too small.He now said N10m but after several negotiations he agreed to to collect N5m.That was around 9pm on Tuesday. 
He then asked me that I should pay him the money immediately,but it was already late that I can only give him N1m because it was already late that day.Meanwhile ,we have already contacted the police,in fact we were with the state Police  Commissioner ,Alhaji Adenrele Tasgeed Shinnaba and the state's Special Anti-Robbery Squad(SAS) from 9pm till around 3:30am  
On Wednesday morning,the guy sent an account number of an old generation bank to me and that I should pay before 9:30am because they have given an injection to my son that has made him weak.He said my son has fainted twice.I told him that I am already inside the bank trying to pay  the money. 
Aminu who is a Kano based business man said when he wanted to pay ,the police who were with him in the bank asked him to wait for them to perfect their plans. 
"You know they followed me to the bank with a court order so they said I should wait for them to make arrangement with the bank officials.After several pressure,the policemen,en allowed me and the we transferred N2m ro the account given to me by the kidnappers,he said. 
He said the transfer was delayed due to unstable network in the bank and that as such the kidnappers didn't get the money until 10:30 am an hour after the deadline given to him. 
After the money was transferred ,I tried severally but the kidnappers' line was not going.But by 12:30 pm ,he called me with another line and acknowledged that he has received alert.He demanded for the balance of N3m and I told him  that I am working on it in the bank.The kidnapper now told me that I should forgive him but I said I will after seeing my son.He then ended the call. 
About 30 minutes later he called me with another number,he now said I should go to Kurege near a block industry,That I should search inside an uncompleted building for my son.We went there but we couldn't see him there,but around 5pm,policemen saw the lifeless body of my son in an uncompleted building somewhere else.They strangulated him and we saw signs of injuries on his two eyes" ,he said. 
Spoke person for of Kano State Police Command.AST Magaji Musa Majia.confirmed the case,saying they have swung into investigation.




No comments:

Post a Comment